Over the last two weeks there have been some crazy happenings in the world of media consumptionâ€¦
- Steve Jobs informed us that 40% of Americans read one book, or less last year
- Gawker Media decided to rip on an innocent girl for once being overweight and the audience ate it up
- The AP [Reuters] declared, â€œNow and for the foreseeable future, virtually everything involving Britney is a big deal.â€� Um, isn’t there a war and an election going on?
- Facebook, the social networking site, sponsored a Presidential debate
- It became clear that market bears have influence disproportionate to their accuracy. Matt Drudge continues to make up imaginary headlines
- Hilary cried her way to a victory and then launched attack websites. Huh?
- The â€œinvestorsâ€� who cloned Facebook in Germany and sold the fake for $100â‚¬ end up using the money to actually invest in Facebook
2008 is going to be interesting!